September 12, 2011

HOMEMADE YEAST FREE THIN CRUST PIZZA

It was a cold Tuesday night , I was craving for pizza for no reason. So , here I go ransacking my kitchen for ingredients I can use for my pizza topping and crust. I was searching high and low for my instant yeast , but I couldn't find any . Gosh , craving for pizza and I must find my way to make it!!!! .... Doink .......... an idea came to my mind : Yeast Free Thin Crust Pizza... Want a glimpse of it ? Here we go...........


How's that sounds to you ? So I was thinking , hey why not , there is no limitation to making food. LOL... Since its going to be a yeast free pizza crust , I decided to be lazy . I use my new food processor instead of kneading it by hand . Smart eh ?.... shhhhhhhh..... Just to pamper myself once in a while . It turns out to be real crusty pizza, like how I always wanted it to be. ;) I will definitely make it again ..

Unbelievably crunchy and tasty . Believe it . lol.... I just use whatever ingredients that I can find in my fridge .




 It turns out to be colourful. Heehee.... I am not a big of cheese either , so I opt not use too much cheese on my pizza ........... It is still a tasty pizza though..

Yeast Free Thin Crust Pizza
Ingredients

for Pizza Crust :
1cup   Plain Flour
A pinch of Salt
1tbsp  Olive Oil [ or Corn Oil ]
1tsp    Double Action Baking Powder
1/3cup Water

for Sauce :
1 1/2cup Tomato Puree
1tsp        Italian Seasoning
Salt , Sugar and Pepper to taste

for Toppings:
Sausages/ minced meat /ham [any other meat of your choice ]
Chopped /thinly sliced Capsicum
Thinly sliced Onion
Mozarella Cheese / Cheddar Cheese /Any cheese


Method
for the Crust :

  • Preheeat oven to 250C. 
  • Mix flour , salt and double action baking powder . Add in olive oil mix well. 
  • Add in water and mix till form soft stretchable dough. 
  • Roll into thin dough and place on a greased or lined baking tray. 
  • Bake at preheated oven for 20 minutes 
for the sauce :

  • Cook tomato puree over medium heat. Stirring occasionally till boil . Add in Italian Seasoning , salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes. Dish up and keep aside. 
for the toppings :

  • Melt 1/2 tbsp butter in a wok/pan. Add in onion and fry at medium heat for 2 minutes. 
  • Add in meat/sausages and stir-fry till cooked. Add in Capsicum . 
  • Add pepper and salt to taste. Dish up and keep aside. 
To assemble : 

  • Spread 1 cup of sauce on the baked crust . Add toppings on it and cover it with cheese . [ I am watching my waistline so I did flood my pizza with a thick layer of cheese ] 
  • Bake at preheated oven at 225C for 10-15 minutes until cheese melted and crust turns lightly brown.
  • Hooray!!!... your pizza is ready to be served. 




No comments:

Post a Comment