October 1, 2011

MINI CHICKEN PIE

Flash back of memories during my college life , remind me of tasty chicken pie sold at Coffee Bean. It was my all time favourite . Chicken Pie sold at Coffee Bean really makes me want to marry the CHICKEN PIE. LOL . Back at that time, in order for me to treat myself to a serving of Chicken Pie , I have to save money for at least 2-3 weeks. It was consider a luxury .......... Memories yeah .

All those flash back makes me really want try my hand on making my own chicken pie. Well as usual , I have always love making mini creations of everything. So I have decided to bake my very own MINI CHICKEN PIE. Gosh ,  hardly survive 30 minutes and its all gone... ;) 


Don't believe it , well try it to believe it. Smells so good while baking too. Yummy !!!!

Ingredients 

Short Crust 
170g   Plain Flour 
115g   Butter 
2-3 tbsp of Cold Water 

Filling 
150g   Chicken Breast [ cubed into bite sizes depending on own preference ]
2        Potato [ diced and fry till cooked ] 
1        Big Onion [ diced ] 
1 can  Button Mushroom [ diced ] 
1 can  Cream of Mushroom 
1 cup  Low Fat Milk 
Pepper to taste 


Method 

For Short Crust 
  • Sift Flour and rub in butter till resemble bread crumbs. Add in cold water one spoon at a time and gather with pastry cutter or finger tips till become soft dough. ( adjust the amount of water needed/ I added only 2 1/2 tbsp of cold water ) 
  • Wrap dough with cling film and place in the fridge to chill for easier handling 
For Filling
  • Heat up 1 tbsp of margerine in a wok and stir fry onion till cook and soft. 
  • Add in chicken meat and stir fry till chicken is cooked and turn slightly brown overall. 
  • Add in pre-cooked potatoes and stir fry for 5 minutes. 
  • Add in Cream of Mushroom and milk . Stir continuously till all well combine over medium-low heat. 
  • Add pepper and simmer for further 5 minutes . Dish up and leave aside to cool. 


To Assemble 
  • Remove dough from fridge to cool to room temperature
  • Roll dough to the thickness of a 50 cts coin. Using a doughnut cutter, cut out a round shape 1 inch bigger than the pie mould 
  • Place the dough on the mould and press it lightly . 
  • Fill the pie with the pre-cooked chicken mushroom filling 
  • Roll out second dough to the thickness of a 50 cts and cut out round shape , use it as the top of the pie
  • Using a sharp knife , cut 2 slits on the top [ to allow steam to escape during baking ] . Trim off all excess dough from the side of the pie mould. Use them to roll into decorative shape and place it on top of the pie. 
  • Brush the pie with egg whites 
  • Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 35-40 minutes , till the crust turn golden brown.


Enjoy your delicious yummy chicken pie !!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment