November 13, 2011

Kit Kat Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Raining season , gosh , imagine how many accidents happen during this period of time. Keeps me real busy with work now. I really do not wanna miss baking cupcakes , especially for Aspiring Bakers #13 this month . Since its a real busy month for me , I was thinking it might be a good idea if I could just bake something simple yet delicious . And ............. Kit Kat came to my mind ... Brilliant idea eh ... I am sure you will agree with this , especially my nephew Andrew.
Check out my first DIY cupcake wrapper... gorgeous isn't it ?  Well , I have no idea what makes me wanna make my own cupcake wrapper , but it does give me a kind of satisfaction . LOL....
I twisted a bit of the original recipe which calls for chopped dark chocolate. Instead, I add in chopped Kit Kat .. heehee.. Enjoy !!

Ingredients 
280g     Self Raising Flour
180g     Butter
100g     Sugar ( original recipe calls for 120g )
1/2tsp   Salt
1large   Egg
100g    Milk or Buttermilk
1tsp     Vanilla Extract
5pckts  Kit Kat Fingers Crispy Wafer ( 35g pack)

Method
  • Preheat oven to 200C . Place 1/2 strip of Kit Kat at the bottom of each cupcake liners. Chop the remainder Kit Kat wafers 
  • Sift flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in butter till it resembles breadcrumbs 
  • Add in sugar and salt to mix well 
  • Mix wet ingredients together , and add in to the dry ingredients. Stir lightly. Do not overmix
  • Add in chopped Kit Kat and light stir to combine 
  • Scoop batter to fill the cupcake liner till 3/4 full
  • Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 20 minutes . Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting . Enjoy your Kit Kat Cupcake ... ;) 
Recipe adapted from Aunty Yochana





I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes ! ( November 2011 ) hosted by Min of Min's Blog

2 comments:

  1. Can u teach me how to make frosting n buttercream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you can send me an email? we will proceed from there . ;) . twl6302@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete